Adding a link to an element (or any other element):
- Click on the picture you’d like to add a title/description to.
- Click Set Info in the upper black control-panel.
A Set Info dialog box will appear. In the Set Info box you can add a link to the element.
There are several types of links that can be attached to an element:
External Website: Link to an external URL, just insert the URL and choose how the link will open: in a new window or in the same one as your website (it’ll replace your site).
Internal Page: Link to one of your website’s internal pages – just choose the right page from the dropdown and click OK.
Scroll to element: Allows the browser to scroll down or up to a certain element. This one is a bit tricky but gives a great modern result and is highly recommended for one-pagers and landing-pages.
- add a unique “Anchor” name (it can be any word, without spaces and stuff…) and click OK
- in the editor select the item you would like to scroll to and set its info (the gray button on its black control panel).
- give it the exact anchor name you inserted to the link.
- Click OK
- Preview your site and click the element with the link, you’ll see how the browser will nicely scroll to the linked element.
Email: add a link that will automatically open the users’ mail-program. Just add the email and click OK.
Please note that since most users are using cloud-based email-clients (gMail, Yahoo etc.) and not their default local email-client, this option will actually open their outdated outlook program. Consider using the contact form element instead or just write down your email.
For mobile sites: this option is great and recommended – it will open the right e-mail app immediately.
Phone: Add a link that will automatically call a number (Only when viewed on mobile phones!) – just add your number and click OK.
File download: Great for downloadable PDFs, Docs etc. . add a link that will download a certain file. Click the upload button and upload your file, then click the OK button. Please note that we have a 5MB limit for the files. If you want to allow the download of a bigger file, please upload it to an external service and use a regular external link instead.