Customizing a template using the IMC Editor
To customize a template, click Customize Now on the upper right corner after choosing the template.
You can change any element in a template: text, picture etc. and add new ones. Drag’n’drop, click and modify. You can also delete any element by clicking on it and hitting the Delete button on your keyboard.
The General Idea
There are several basic concepts laying in the heart of IMC:
1. Website, Pages and Elements – Your website is constructed from pages. Pages contain content elements (text, pictures, gallery etc.). That’s the general idea, as simple as that. You can move between the different pages by clicking the menu itself.
2. Everything is editable – all the items can be dragged and resized freely. Nothing constrains you! Just click and item and use its editing frame. It’s a true What-you-see-is-what-you-get (WYSIWYG).
3. Click and modify – Any item got its own control-panel : it always appears on the upper part of the editor. Click an item and it’s control-panel will appear. The most relevant action will be marked with a blue button. The more advanced options will appear as gray buttons.
Double-clicking an item will also open the most relevant action: d. Clicking a picture will open the replace-picture panel and d. Lickcing a text will allow you to edit it.
4. Managing Pages & Menus – The main menu of the website automatically shows all the visible pages you got on your site. Managing the pages will effect the menu automatically and vice-versa. To change the title of one of the menu items, just change the page name (Pages > manage). You can easily add more pages and they’ll automatically will be added to your menu.
Advanced users can add multiple menus, to find out more about this option – click here.
5. Save and publish – You can save your site anytime during the customizing process, next time you’ll logi-in you’ll find under the “My” section (start > my).
To publish your site and make it publicly available – click the “Publish” button. Changes will be seen on the live website only after publishing, so you can keep modifying your site – keep saving it – and only when you’re ready – click the “Publish” button.
Publishing allows you to connect your site to an existing domain or buy a new one.
6. Right click – Select and right-mouse-click any object to get Advanced options as align, reorder and replicate. Read more about these options here.