Our May Designer is James Burke. James is the owner of Umag Inc, a marketing and promotions company offering services such as website design, mobile app designs, ad campaigns, and business consulting. James has built so many websites with IM Creator, we thought it would be cool to ask him a few questions about his experience.
- What’s the first thing you ask a client when asked to create a website for them?
The first thing I ask clients is what is the look and feel that they are going for. Are they looking to build a product based site or an informational site.
- Where do you find your design inspiration?
I find my design inspiration from looking online at some of the top sites in different genres.
- What’s the most common mistake you see clients make when planning a website?
Many clients put too much information on their site and do not plan it to be search engine friendly. This is so important as you don’t want just to have a website, you want people to find it. Another major mistake I see people do is that they don’t plan their website to be user friendly. It’s great that someone is visiting your site but you also want them to stay.
- What’s the easiest thing to do in order to make a website look up-to-date all the time?
I think you should keep the content fresh and try to use good quality pictures and content.
One great resource for free photos for commercial use is IM Free
- What made you choose IM Creator as a tool for building websites?
It’s very user friendly and the tools make it a better builder than some of the most advance builders I have used from other companies.
- What’s the best web design tip you can share with IM users?
The best advice I can give IM users is to be creative and push the boundaries of the builder and themselves and always think outside the box.
want to be June’s Designer of the Month? Send us an email to design[@]imcreator.com!