It does not matter if you need to practice your writing skills, drive organic traffic to a website or share your expert opinion with the global audience, you will always find some good reasons to start a blog. Blogging has always been a great instrument whenever you need to stay connected with like-minded people.
No matter what some experts say regarding the decreased impact of blogging today, it is still alive and can bring some obvious benefits to your business or website. Moreover, website builders made it easier to start a blog from scratch creating a good-looking website with ease. You can create and publish your solid blogging platform within a couple of hours.
We decided to provide a complete guide on how to start blogging online. You will get answers to some crucial questions. Why do I need a blog? Who may find blogging useful? What features should a brilliant blog have? Let’s get started…
Should I Really Need to Join the Blogging Community?
At some point, blogging has become one of the most popular and yet effective instruments to keep in touch with your target audience online. At the same time, a blog is a brilliant instrument when it comes to spreading information in the global net.
Bloggers get a chance to reach literally millions of potential readers who can be later converted into customers, organic traffic, etc. We have outlined some of the fundamental reasons to join the blogging community:
- Blogging is the best way to express yourself, share your thoughts, spread the news and info;
- Blogging helps to improve writing skills;
- Blogging helps to gain a brand’s recognition online;
- Blogging lets you drive free organic traffic to a website;
- Blogging is a good way to stay connected with your readers, customers, website visitors, etc.;
- Blogging can let you earn cash.
The above-mentioned include general reasons to start blogging. The goals may vary depending on who you are and what you do.
Who May Need a Blog and Why?
You may have the most effective subscription form that lets you generate 200+ emails per day. However, you should never underestimate the role of blogging. If done well, a professionally looking blog can be not just a good addition to your major website, but eventually turn into the most productive instrument. It all depends on your prior objectives and reasons you decided to start a blog. We have divided users into categories and described why they may need a blog:
- Professional Writers – blogging is a good thing for those who have some expertise in a particular field in addition to excellent writing skills. Well-written and engaging blog-posts will certainly drive traffic that you can later convert into cash using available monetizing methods;
- Business Owners – imagine that you are the owner of a web studio or hotel. Blogging is the best way to speak about your benefits and advantages and stay connected with the customers. Use a blog to speak about some business innovations and advances and keep your visitors informed;
- Freelancers – a blog is the best way for freelancers to reach a wider global audience online and introduce their services in the form of blog posting;
- Digital Marketers and SEO Specialists – blogging has proved to be the most productive way whenever you need to drive free organic traffic. If done well with all necessary SEO settings, a blog may bring your website to the top ranking.
So, the benefits of having a blog are obvious. Now, let’s sort out what essential features should a brilliant blog have.
How Should a Professional Blog Look Like?
Blogging can cover a diversity of topics. From e-commerce and traveling to mobile/web technologies and IT. You can choose from numerous fields and directions to get started. No matter what theme you will opt for, a professional blog is supposed to have some crucial features. They will make your platform more user-friendly and engaging. The list of features is as follows:
- Post Archive – every time a new visitor comes to your blog, he or she sees only the latest blog posts. It does not mean this is what all of them really WANT to see. Having a simple section in the sidebar with a list of older posts will certainly be a good plus. Moreover, it will result in better users’ engagement with your website;
- RSS Feed – an essential feature for those who plan to update their blogs regularly. The RSS Feed will make it easy for the readers to keep up with the latest posts from their favorite blogs providing a faster access to the article. It also lets blog owners grow the subscribers’ community.
- Comment Form – a blog is not a blog in case your readers do not have a chance to leave comments. Blogging is like SMM. The main idea is about interaction with users. Let your visitors discuss your articles and share their thoughts. It will let you generate an effective feedback as well.
- Spam Protection – a comment system will require some safety means. The more visitors you have on your blog, the higher spam possibilities are. A simple anti-spam tool or captcha will do the trick.
- Navigation – the more posts you publish, the harder for visitors it is to find a necessary article. You need to add a search bar, tags and other navigation means like “previous” or “related” articles.
- Social Media Buttons – social media integration is a must no matter if you run a blog, a corporate website or portfolio. The tool will let your readers share posts on major social platforms resulting in higher involvement.
- About Me – the section is a must for any blog. On the one hand, Google is more loyal to a website that contains the full information about its owner or author. On the other hand, your readers will see who you are. It increases the level of reliability and trust.
- Contact From – do not forget to provide an easy way for those who want to get in touch with you and discuss different issues.
Why Are Website Builders the Best Bet for a Blog?
To get started, you need to choose a proper blogging platform. The times of custom development featuring thousands of dollars for a simple website are gone. Advanced website building platforms make it easy to create a stunning blog and publish it within a couple of hours. The main benefits of using website building software include:
- Affordable Prices – when opting for a website builder, you always know what you will get for your money. Moreover, you can choose from blogging platforms to suit any budget. As a rule, a domain name, hosting and other features are already included in the price. Moreover, website building platforms offer a free trial or FREE plans to let users check if the software features suits the, fine;
- Beginner-Friendly – it does not matter whether you have some web designing skills or do not have a clue how to build a bog from scratch, website builders are easy to set up, edit and customize even if you do not have any technical skills;
- Features & Flexibility – you will crave for more over a time when it comes to a blog. You will certainly look for extendibility. This is where website builders may help in delivering a selection of different widgets, add-ons, and apps out of the box;
- Easy Maintenance – using a website builder will ever require too many hands-on work. You will easily handle it yourself with no serious impact on the workflow;
- Monetization and Analytics – for most website owners a blog is the way to earn extra cash. You may need to integrate analytics and monetization tools. Most website builders offer free Google AdSense, Google Analytics and other widgets to attach ad blocks, track your traffic channels and more.
We have compared dozens of different website builders and come to a conclusion that IM Creator is the best blogging platform with everything you may need. Follow our simple guide and build a stunning blog step by step using IM Creator.
Building a Blog with IM Creator
IM Creator is an advanced website building software for different needs. It is good for digital stores, e-commerce websites, and blogs. The platform is easy to use and looks like a bargain considering a selection of features and tools. To build a blog with the help of IM Creator you need to follow some simple steps:
- Choose a template or start with a blank page. IM Creator offers a selection of mobile-friendly themes. They are divided into various categories. Choose the one that meets your goals or simply start with a blank page in case you have the idea of your own design for a blog.
- After you are done with the first step, you can actually start editing. Add all necessary menu elements and name them. Each many elements will transfer your reader to a necessary page. Give the name to those pages as well. For example, your blog will have 3 pages: a home page, Contacts and About Me section.
- A home page will contain all the latest blog posts. You can indicate the number of articles that are displayed on the homepage. Now you can add a new post to the home page. Simply press “Add Element” and choose “Text” from the panel.
- Customize the text box, use necessary fonts and sizes to establish your publishing style.
- Add media files including videos and images to make your article more engaging and attractive. The process of adding files is very simple thanks to the drag-and-drop function.
- You can copy your post as well as add a link on it in the archive. Select necessary widgets from the list provided to add contact forms, comments, and other necessary features.
Creating a good-looking blog with the help of IM Creator is very simple and fast. You do not need to be a web design geek or professional programmer. It will take you less than a couple of hours to build a catchy website for blogging from scratch.
In addition, students and members of non-profitable organizations will get a full access to IM Creator website building features. The platform provides them with a free plan good enough for blogging as well as creating other types of non-profitable websites for free. It all makes the website builder a great choice to handle your bogging needs with style and at low cost.